Welcome to Michiana Wedding Network. Your resource for planning the perfect wedding in Michiana. Please enjoy our blog, check out our upcoming events and click the vendors tab find all of the best wedding professionals.
Planning a wedding in 2016 or 2017? Join our FREE FB group MWN presents Wed Ed! Hosted by Michiana Wedding Network. What's WedEd? It's a one of a kind Wedding 101 Workshop that will help you plan and execute the perfect Wedding Day! Get help, advice and education from the area's premier wedding professionals.
For a list of all of our MWN vendors, go to our Vendors tab!
How to have the perfect wedding day
March 17, 2015 by Angie Anderson Owner of Belle Behind the Ball Wedding & Event Planning
If you are newly engaged, you have come to the right place to start planning your wedding!
Here are some tips from our wedding professionals!
* It is often tempting to hire a friend or relative to play music, or take photos, or even to "help out" with tasks the day of. Don't fall into this temptation! When you hire a trusted professional, there are no regrets. No tears. No stress. You have a great resource of the area's best wedding professionals on this page.
* Don't take on too much or too many DIY projects! It is great to do homemade projects to add character to your wedding. But so many Brides get caught in the pinterest trap and end up overwhelmed, stressed out and unable to finish all they set up to conquer. Prioritize and do the important projects early so they are done and out of the way.
* Buy and wrap gifts for wedding party and parents ahead of time so this is not a chore you have the week of your wedding.
* Always, Always, Always have a weather backup plan for any outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour or event. Always...
* Make sure you have a plan to eat the day of. This is something that you will get to busy to worry about on the wedding day, so if you do not have a day of coordinator, ask a friend or family member to deliver or call a restaurant that offers delivery and order meals a few days ahead.
* Wear your wedding shoes around the house in the months prior to the wedding to get them worn in and to find out ahead of time where they "pinch" or "slip". It is much better to tackle these issues a month prior rather than between church and reception!
* Don't go into debt for your wedding. You don't want to start your new marriage with money stress. Plan something you can afford. Cutting your guest list is the best way to cut costs, but if you absolutely can not cut it, there are many ways to cut costs and still have a beautiful wedding.
* Make sure every vendor you hire gives you a contract. Review these closely before signing. If there is something you don't like or don't agree with, speak up before you sign.
South Bend Wedding- Catholic Hindu Fusion
January 24, 2015 by Michiana Wedding Network
Ceremony- Our Lady of Loretto - Saint Mary's College
Reception- Century Center
Wedding Planner- Belle Behind the Ball Wedding & Event Planning
Florist- Country Florist & Gifts
Baker- C'est la vie Cakes
DJ- In Tune DJ